The Certified Orthotist designs, measures, fits, and adapts orthopedic braces and appliances for patients with disabling conditions. The CO collaborates with other medical professionals and is involved in clinical decision-making and patient education. The scope of practice for the CO includes, but is not limited to the patient assessment, formulation and implementation of the treatment plan and follow-up. The CO utilizes an Electronic Medical Record to document all clinical progress notes and maintains compliance with documentation requirements as outlined by governmental and payor regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual functioning in this position has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Examine, interview, and measure patients to determine their clinical needs and to identify factor that could affect orthosis fit.
- Fit, test, and evaluate orthoses on patients, and make adjustments for proper fit, function, and comfort.
- Instruct patients in the use and care of orthoses.
- Design orthoses, based on physicians’ prescriptions and examine and measure patients.
- Update and document all interaction in patients’ records.
- Make and modify plaster casts for use in the orthosis fabrication.
- Select materials and components to be used based on orthosis design.
- Confer with physicians to formulate specifications and prescriptions for orthosis.
- Repair, rebuild, and modify orthopedic appliances.
- Construct and fabricate orthoses and/or supervise other in fabrication.
- May train and supervise support staff, such as orthopedic assistants and technicians.
- Update skills and knowledge by attending conferences and seminars.
- Show and explain orthoses to healthcare workers.
- Research new ways to construct and use orthoses.
- Market our services to referral sources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A certification by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, and at least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area is required. This person Reports to the Market Leader in the assigned region. Must possess the ability to prioritize and organize work area and maintain accuracy of work despite multi‐faceted task directions and interruptions. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to this position. Qualified candidates will demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance at all times and be willing and able to market our services to referral sources. The appropriate candidate for this position must demonstrate a stable work history.
Please email Krystle.Megibben@bulowops.com
Job Type: Full-time
Proud BCP Group Partners.