Bulow Orthotic & Prosthetic Solutions is an Essential Healthcare Provider.
View the National Association for the Advancement of Orthotics and Prosthetics’ (NAAOP) letter to state and federal lawmakers to support the needs of patients – including access to surgery if required – during the COVID-19 outbreak.
To our Bulow Patients and Families,
Our Bulow team has been closely following the rapidly changing public landscape and restrictions around Covid-19. Because of the real threat Covid-19 poses to the health of each individual and to our communities, it is important we do everything we can to mitigate its effects. While we are navigating uncharted waters, we also have faith that, with cooperation and common sense, we will get through this together.
Bulow remains committed to meeting the needs of our patients, their families and our employees. Here’s what we’re doing to ensure a safe and functional environment:
- We are implementing even more enhanced cleaning and safety protocols, ensuring we are following recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, WHO (World Health Organization) and state and local authorities.
- Effective Monday, March 23rd, we are implementing a flex staff model where our clinical, technical and administrative teams are split up so one team is on site for a few days and the other works remotely. We then switch. This reduces the exposure risk for our employees as well as provides a backup team if needed to continue to provide service to our patients. Thank you in advance for your understanding should you experience any minor impact to our daily operations during this time.
- We are now able to offer the following special services:
- Curbside pick up of supplies or devices needing to be repaired.
- Telehealth video calls in order to establish medical necessity for supplies or other services.
- Medicare is now permitting physicians to perform face-to-face visits with patients using Telehealth methods, so obtaining physician documentation to support providing a replacement socket or full device is easier and safe.
- For the safety and health of all, our employees will continue to screen patients and their caregivers during the appointment confirmation process and upon arrival at our office. This will include asking pertinent questions about health as well as prominently posting Covid-19 guidelines and precautions. We request that patients either come to appointments alone or with no more than one caregiver. We have assistants ready and available to help you from your vehicle if necessary.
- We have canceled all employee work travel and are urging our staff to stay home outside of work to minimize potential exposure to the virus.
- If you do have an upcoming appointment and are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, a fever or cough, please let us know so we can reschedule.
- If you feel more comfortable rescheduling an upcoming appointment, we will be happy to work with you.
- We encourage our patients and families to protect their health by frequent handwashing and refraining from large gatherings, staying home if possible.
Above all, know we are here for you and remain committed to do everything we can to safeguard the health of our patients, their families and our team while continuing to serve your needs. Please call us with any questions or concerns. Thank you for partnering with us during this challenging time.