Would you like to work in a clinic where you can focus on Patient Care? We can take care of the rest.
Bulow OPS is seeking energetic, caring, and talented certified prosthetists and orthotists for our existing and new clinics across the country. We will provide all the tools needed for success, allowing you to focus on taking care of patients. This is an amazing opportunity for very select individuals who want to take their career to the next level. A minimum of four years experience and a passion for patient care excellence are required. This opportunity includes salary and benefits with monthly profit participation. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-520-0244.
Testimonial: “I couldn’t be more excited about this next step in my career. Bulow gives me all the tools I need to succeed and I can concentrate on caring for my patients.” Bobby Latham, CPO at Bulow OPS’s Columbia, SC Clinic
The Certified Orthotist designs, measures, fits, and adapts orthopedic braces and appliances for patients with disabling conditions. The CO collaborates with other medical professionals and is involved in clinical decision-making and patient education. The scope of practice for the CO includes, but is not limited to the patient assessment, formulation and implementation of the treatment plan and follow-up. The CO utilizes an Electronic Medical Record to document all clinical progress notes and maintains compliance with documentation requirements as outlined by governmental and payor regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual functioning in this position has the following duties and responsibilities:
· Examine, interview, and measure patients to determine their clinical needs and to identify factor that could affect orthosis fit.
· Fit, test, and evaluate orthoses on patients, and make adjustments for proper fit, function, and comfort.
· Instruct patients in the use and care of orthoses.
· Design orthoses, based on physicians' prescriptions and examine and measure patients.
· Update and document all interaction in patients' records.
· Make and modify plaster casts for use in the orthosis fabrication.
· Select materials and components to be used based on orthosis design.
· Confer with physicians to formulate specifications and prescriptions for orthosis.
· Repair, rebuild, and modify orthopedic appliances.
· Construct and fabricate orthoses and/or supervise other in fabrication.
· May train and supervise support staff, such as orthopedic assistants and technicians.
· Update skills and knowledge by attending conferences and seminars.
· Show and explain orthoses to healthcare workers.
· Research new ways to construct and use orthoses.
· Market our services to referral sources.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
A certification by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, and at least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area is required. This person Reports to the Market Leader in the assigned region. Must possess the ability to prioritize and organize work area and maintain accuracy of work despite multi‐faceted task directions and interruptions. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to this position. Qualified candidates will demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance at all times and be willing and able to market our services to referral sources. The appropriate candidate for this position must demonstrate a stable work history.
Please email Krystle.Megibben@bulowops.com
Job Type: Full-time
Proud BCP Group Partners.